Interested in volunteering? Download and fill out a volunteer application here: Volunteer Application
Please submit Volunteer Applications to Marguerite at firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at 1438 Kilauea Avenue, Hilo. If you have any questions about volunteering, please call (808) 969-9220.
The Hui Mālama Ola Nā ʻŌiwi Volunteer Program was developed to provide students and volunteers with opportunities to gain practical and professional experience, and also provide an outlet for helping our community. Volunteer opportunities range from office tasks, to community health fairs, to helping with our exercise classes.
WHY VOLUNTEER WITH HUI MĀLAMA?
- Gain experience in the healthcare and/or education field
- Meet new people and make new friends
- Establish a track record to get a new job
- Fulfill a community service requirement
- Fulfill an academic requirement
- Share your passion
- Challenge yourself and learn something new
- Give back to your community
- Have fun!
What would you like to help do as a volunteer?
- Educational workshops
- Nutrition, Hypertension, and Diabetes education
- Diabetes and Cancer support groups
- Exercise and Fitness classes including Yoga, Zumba, and Basic Stretch & Strengthening
- Traditional Hawaiian health workshops and classes
- Art projects
- Office tasks & program preparation (folding pamphlets, making children’s coloring books, etc.)
- Special Events (Ladies’ Night Out, Mālama Nā Keiki Festival, etc.)